Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kazan's Sketch 39





I am so excited to reveal to you the Design Team's first cards based off our sketches. I was on pins & needles all week waiting for the cards to come in and boy did they do a fab job or what? Our previous Designers are all fabulous and each time we think those shoes cannot be filled we find another talented group of fabulous artists. It is going to be fun getting to know these ladies over the next few months so go ahead grab your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy the amazing eye candy we have to offer.

This week the Design Team all worked with the super cute stamps from DRS Designs



Ashley



Cheryl




Kathy



Sankari




Sarah




Shanna



Sponsor of the Week

DRS Designs is a small family owned company. They have been in the rubber stamp business since 1955 and have been thru many changes since that time. No change was more significant than the addition of art stamps in 1992. In the ensuing 16 years, They have grown their collection to more than 1000 original stamp designs with more being added each month. They offer online shopping from their website, a monthly club - Rubber Mania Monthly, as well as a retail store in Bethel, CT. If you are in the area, stop by their cozy Victorian shop and say hello!

They offer high quality, wood mounted rubber stamps as well as unmounted rubber depending on your preference. They have a 10 person design team and a blog that is updated daily by each member of the team. Every two weeks on a Monday, they host a blog challenge and invite you to join them! Their online site features a gallery for each designer as well as a customer gallery. They hope you will participate in their challenges and email them your cards so they can include them in their growing galleries. They offer a wide assortment of images, sentiments (serious and humorous) as well as easy background images and technique stamps such as their stained glass and their plaid stamps.

You can find them at www.drsdesigns.com and http://drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com

DRS is kindly sponsoring a $15 gift certifcate to the winner of Card of the Week

Here's how to enter:

• Please provide a link to your card by posting it on this thread using Mr. Linky
• Deadline for all entries: Saturday November 14th at Midnight (US Mountain time)
• Your card should be based off the sketch provided and can be of any theme. You may enter as many times as you like.
• The winning card will be announced as the Card of the Week on Sunday, November 15th here at 2 Sketches 4 You.
• International Cardmakers are welcome to enter

Did you all notice the fun new feature we have introduced here at 2 Sketches 4 You in our sidebar? Each week we will highlight a blogger from the week before and link to their blog! So play along and you may just find yourself center stage on 2 Sketches 4 You!

We are super excited to see your cards this week
Hugs
Kazan & your brand new Design Team



38 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, what a fabulous bunch of cards! So fun to see my team mate's work! I'm looking forward to seeing all the cards everyone comes up with this week! Good luck...hope you win the certificate for the DRS Designs stamps! Kathy

anja curvers said...

Beautiful cards ladies this team sure rocks. Nice sketch can't wait to taggle it.

Anonymous said...

Wow DT! You rocked this sketch! Wasn't it fun? I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Have fun everyone! Oh, Kazan... LOVING your card! *Sarah Martina*

~amy~ said...

gorgeous work ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

What stunning creations everyone has done with the DRS Designs images! Thanks for the inspiration! Mine is in Mister Linky!

Jessica G. said...

I promise that Vicki and I didn't plan on using the same sentiment -- it's just so perfect for this sketch!

hayleycreates said...

great sketch - can't wait to give it a go. The DT cards are beautiful!!

Kim Sonksen said...

I am so excited to see the brand spankin new team cranking out such awesome cards but what I wanna know is, HOW on earth does Shanna find the time to create such a stunning time whilst giving birth to her gorgeous baby girl?? YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Sankari W. said...

Awesome sketch Kazan and your card is fabulous!! And the DT's cards are amazing and wonderful!!! And I am with Kim - I am just blown away by Shanna having a baby and creating such amazing-ness!!! Hugs to all!!!
Sankari :)!!!

Cathy Rulli said...

I'm not in the running for the prize, but I wanted to share my card with you!!! Thanks for a great sketch - great DT cards!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! I love the sample cards! I'm afraid I didn't do the sketch justice. But I received some new stamps today and will try again!

Cindy Groh said...

fabulous cards. I especially like the first one "25". It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards ladies, loved the sketch.
Christine x

Katherine said...

I think the date on the announcement date should be November 15. :)

The DT card are so beautiful.

Audrey Pettit said...

Great job ladies! What beautiful cards you have all created!

Christine (Creative Journey) said...

Gorgeous projects from the DT as usual! I'm never disappointed each week...everyone's work ROCKS!

This sketch came at the perfect time...had to make a sympathy card, and didn't know what I wanted to do until I saw this yesterda...Thanks so much, Kazan, for the inspiring sketch!

Audrey Pettit said...

Loved the sketch and decided to play along. This is one that can be used over and over for sure!
Not sure I used Mr. Linky correctly??? but I just added my card to my blog.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous DT samples! Thanks for another awesome sketch! :)

Vicki S. said...

What a fun sketch to do and I am sure I will use it again.

Liz said...

Absolutely Gorgeous work ladies. Love what you did with the sketch. :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I LOVE all the cards, it was a great choice of the new DT!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Ladies
I created two cards for this weeks sketch TFI
Have a graet week:)x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome sketch and of course awesome cards!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Just join you. I love the Christmas card.

Jill said...

Great cards from the DT, thanks for looking at mine

Katherine said...

Great sketch! I'll be making another one.

Peet said...

Great sketch and fabulous cards Girls!!!

Renée said...

What fab inspiration from the DT this week! I loved the sketch and made time to play. Thanks!

Nicole said...

Love you sketch! Thanks for the opportunity. Love XOXO Nicole

Dwita said...

Gorgeous cards of Kazan n new DT team... great sketch... Glad to be able to join this challenge. Hugs, Dwita.

Nenne said...

Love what the new DT did with the sketch! Such great cards all of them, can't go wrong with that kind of sketch I guess, loved it Kazan! I sure had fun using it, thanks!

xox

Anonymous said...

I love the variety of sketch ideas...this one is sleek and simple - fun! It's wonderful to see how everyone interprets each one ~ thanks for this challenge every week!

Ellen said...

Love the DT cards, ladies you did a great job!!!

Ellen

Katherine said...

Hope you like my cross stitch idea on kazan sketch. thank you so much for looking. Good day.

Nicky Hsu said...

Amazing works. Cards are pretty.

lauren bergold said...

lovely sketch and stellar work from the new DT! many thanks for the inspiration to get going on xmas cards! :)

Kristie said...

Those cards are incredible, inspirational!!!

"Soleil@mayotte" said...

I'm late but here is mine !
Valerie S.