Monday, August 3, 2009

Kazan's Sketch 32

**Happy Birthday to YOU!  Happy Birthday to YOU!  Happy Birthday dear Clouds!  Happy Birthday to yoooouuuuu :)**

We love & Miss you
Hugs 2S4Y Team





See more of May Arts ribbon on Kazan's blog

It is certainly no surprise how much Laura and I adore ribbon. I think we may be seriously addicted to delicious varieties like Satin, Grosgrain, Sheer and stitched. You won't find us blushing when working with grrrrr animal prints as long as it is wired, metallic and chain cord. You get the idea - we looooove ribbon. How lucky are we that one of the top ribbon wholesale companies, May Arts, sponsored the Design Team with their fantastic product! Here for your decadent enjoyment are the Design Team's interpretations of this weeks sketch featuring
 May Arts Ribbon.

Angela
See more of May Arts Ribbon on Angela's Blog



Anja
See more of May Arts Ribbon on Anja's Blog



Kim



Latisha

See more of May Arts ribbon on Latisha's blog



Lori


2 Sketches 4 You is thrilled to announce the newest addition to our Team:

Cheryl Nelson



We know you love Cheryl's work and were wowed by her amazing talent in the 2S4Y Ultimate Card Showdown. How lucky are we all that Cheryl agreed to be on our Design Team. Cheryl is very new to the blogging world but she has taken it by storm and certainly knocked all our socks off with her awesome work (and I can attest that she is just as sweet in person  as her amazing talent).  Welcome to our Design Team Cheryl, we hope you enjoy working with us as much as we enjoy the fantastic inspiration you provide week after week.


Sponsor of the Week
May Arts



May Arts is a ribbon wholesaler, based in Riverside, Connecticut, serving over 16,000 customers worldwide. They offer an exceptional selection of ribbons, including sheer, satin, grosgrain, silk and a variety of patterns and prints. We love the extensive variety of ribbon May Arts has to offer and the handy Retail Locator button that will let you search by map or zip/area code in the United States.

**We also know that you all love to WIN goodies and May Arts has ongoing competitions on their blog for you to win some of their gorgeous ribbons - THIS ONE ends August 9th. Also on their blog are countless ideas and tutorials for you all to make fab projects using ribbon. Check these out for size:


Ok now that we have your creative juices working overtime here is what one lucky cardmaker can win this week:

Card of the Week
Not one, not two but 6 spools of gorgeous May Arts Ribbon!

How to Enter:
• Please provide a link to your card by posting it on this thread using Mr. Linky
• Deadline for all entries: Saturday August 8tht at Midnight (US Mountain time)
• Your card should be based off the sketch provided and can be of any theme. You may enter as many times as you like and only need to do a card based on Kazan's sketch to qualify for the prize.
• The winning card will be announced as the Card of the Week on Sunday, Aug, 9th at 2 Sketches 4 You.
• International Cardmakers are welcome to enter.


Wow this is going to be awesome!  See you all in the gallery..
Hugs Kazan & your Amazing Design Team

54 comments:

Ingrid said...

Great sketch, and gorgeous cards by the DT.....as always. Oh my.....that May Arts ribbon is scrumptious. I love their ribbons. Congrats to Cheryl!!! What a great addition to your team. I love her work.

cnelson said...

Wow!! What wonderful work by Kazan and the rest of the DT! Isn't that sketch THE BEST!! I can't even begin to describe how honored and excited I am to work with Laura and Kazan and be a part of this amazing team! Thank you 2S4Y!

Kerry said...

Beautiful cards and ribbon!!! I just love May Arts ribbon...can't wait to play along this week! :)

Romy said...

What a great sketch! I love all yor cards. And congrats to Cheryl. Your cards are always beautiful: I love your style.

Ann said...

Congrats to Cheryl, and a BIG woohoooooo to a chance at winning May Arts ribbon!!!! :D

Katie said...

What a FUN week!! Great sponsor, awesome sketch, and Congratulations to Cheryl!! I am looking forward to seeing your DT work :)

Hugs!
Katie

Giovana said...

Awesome sketch!! I love ribbon too and never get enough of it :)
Congratulations to Cheryl!! I love her design!! Great addittion to your wonderful team.

God bless
Giovana

AUsome mom said...

WOW! All the ribbon is just too gorgeous! The DT cards are incredible, as usual. And Cheryl.....YOU GO GIRL!! I LOVE your creations and I'm too excited for you to be on the DT!!! Back later with my card :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun sketch! The DT's samples are oh so beautiful! :) Can't wait to play! Congrats Cheryl! What a wonderful addition to the 2S4Y DT! :) Gorgeous ribbon!

Shemaine Smith said...

So excited to see Cheryln joining the DT here!!! She is such a lovely person and creates amazing & breathtaking artwork!!! Congratulations Cheryln and thanks so much for leaving sweet comments on my projects in cyberspace!!!!It always makes me smile to see your comments.

Kim Sonksen said...

Welcome Cheryl - I am SO stinkin excited to have you join us!!!

And how cool is this weeks prize?? I just wish I could play because a girl can never have enough ribbons!

Renee Lamb said...

I LOVE all the DT's cards this week and love that sketch! AND BIG CONGRATS CHERYL!!! So glad to see you on the team!!

Savitri said...

Yeah, Cheryl!!!! It's no surprise, your work's awesome!!! Congrats on making the team!!!

The sketch is awesome (as always) off to make something!!!!! All the DT work are jaw droppingly gorgeous and the ribbons... ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

papertrails leaver said...

Congrats to Cheryl! What a great edition to the team she will make! Thanks for another fabulous sketch Kazan!

Karen said...

Love this sketch! Had fun with it and I love what the others have done! Would love to win the ribbon:)

Petra said...

Can't believe how you always create such a wonderfull sketch every week!!! I just love this one again!
The card of the DT are also realy beautifull, by the way!
It was fun to play along!
hugs Petra

Peet said...

Great sketch and I love all the gorgeous cards!!!
Congrats to Cheryl, love your work!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for another great sketch!!

Jajja said...

You are such an inspirtaion for a beginner like me, thank you!

http://vanjas-pysselblogg.blogspot.com/

Janet said...

I loved this sketch! I will definitely keep it in my arsenal as a favorite. I had quite the adventure coming up with my card. It was fun!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations fab sketch..
Congrats Cheryl..your creations are `gorgeous` Enjoy :)x

Anonymous said...

Another great sketch; another good reason to make a birthday card ahead of time :) THANK YOU for the challenge!

Stacy Milford said...

Once again, AMAZING inspiration! Love the sketch! Great ribbons up for grabs too!

Shanna said...

Yay! I love Cheryl and her cards! So excited for you girl! Congrats!

Janet O'Brien said...

Congrats to Cheryl on making the DT ... fab addition to the current DT.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What beautiful cards!!! So glad to find your blog!

Dora said...

Cheryl congrats!! You deserve it!
Love the work from the DT, gorgeous! I had troubles with this sketch, but made it!
hugs Dora

SueH said...

Great cards as always from the design team, thanks for the inspiration girls!

I’ve used the sketch to make a card for someone who’s just won a gold medal at the special Olympics.

Sue
x

Tutu Crafts said...

Gorgeous work! I love the beautiful use of ribbon on the cards. I am new to card making (4 months) and this is my first time posting here. I had some pretty ribbon finally so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for letting me play!

Traveling Mama said...

This sketch was so fun! And I LOVE May Arts Ribbon!

shelly said...

great sketch kazan thanks! beautiful dt cards as always and cheryln congrats on being on th edt looking forward to your design each week :)

Jill said...

Love the DT entries thanks for looking at mine

Broni said...

Great sketch and wonderful DT creations! Hi, Kazan!! (Waving at you!)

Diana Waite said...

this sketch was great thanks so much!

Nora said...

This is my very first 2S4U Challenge. Hope to join in again. I have seen THE BEST May Arts ribbon on their website, but I'm unable to find a good selection at my usual scrap/craft stores. I'd love to get my hands on this ribbon booty!!! ;)
Thanks!

PaperTree Designs said...

Congrats Cheryln, love your work!

I wonder how close to the sketch do we need to stay? I added three stripes insead of one down the middle....and a bow...is this ok?

http://papertreedesign.blogspot.com/2009/08/candy-girl.html

x

Smriti said...

Beautiful cards! May Arts ribbon is so yummy. I've added my entry to the linky!

TFHTC!

cnelson said...

Happy Birthday Clouds!!!

Jeri said...

Absolutely loved this sketch. Beautiful in it's simplicity. It enabled me to make four cards from two sheets of design cardstock. DT cards are all so pretty and inspiring.

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the challenge and for the lovey examples. Now to check out the ribbon!
Dorothy/etsdas

prettypilot2002 said...

wow beautiful cards girls

Linda said...

Very lovely sketch!!
Oh my your cards are so beautiful...love those big ribbon bows!!
Congrats to Cheryl!! :)
I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

Amy C said...

Eeekkkk!! I had issues with my blog today, but hopefully they are all fixed. Happy Birthday to Clouds!! I will miss seeing your fabulous work.

I love the ribbon.....pick me, pick me, pick me.....pleasssssseeeeee!! LOL

Hugs,
Amy ♥

Liz Weber said...

Thanks for another wonderful sketch to use and the DT cards are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

I just posted on the wrong sketch. Sorry about that. The DT made some really rockin beauties. Thanks for a great sketch.

Divine Design said...

WOW WONDERFUL CARDS...AND AWESOME SKETCH!!!!!

Sylvia said...

Wow i really love this sketch and had so much fun playing with it, I created somethning different than a card so take a look at my blog to see!

Jessica said...

Okay, a bit late, but I just added my card to the list. Hopefully I'll be on time next week!

Anonymous said...

I stuggle using ribbons, as I never seem to get the bow right. I Have had a go though

Shell

Westiewoof said...

Quite a challenge this week! Very cool cards!

Rebecca Mosher said...

First time for everything, finally did the sketch!

Unknown said...

WOW! All the ribbon is just too gorgeous! The DT cards are incredible, as usual.

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Brianne N. said...

Beautiful cards!!! LOVE the sketch!!

Shauna K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.