Sunday, April 5, 2009

Card of the Week & Fab 5!

Throughout the week, as we update the gallery, we look for that special card that may just be Card of the Week or featured in the Fab 5! I have a cheat sheet on my desk to keep tabs on finalists because if I had to rely on memory alone we would be here all Sunday. The problem I face week after week is that my list is growing longer and longer. Right now I have 20 names written down of possible winners. That is crazy - because I somehow have to narrow it down to 6!!! Thank you one and all - it is a very difficult choice but the one decision we all agree upon is that this has to be one of the most spectacular galleries on the Web right now! Your support and friendly enthusiasm is really appreciated - always :)

Thank you to Sakura of America for your continued support of our Craft. We love Sakura products and we are excited that the following card maker gets to enjoy her very own set of Gelly Roll Metallic Pens:

Card of the Week

Cathy


Cathy may be a First Timer and very new to the blogging world but I predict we will see a lot more of her work in the not too distant future. Her blog, Papier Girl, is brand new but super cute in it's early stages - stop on by and welcome her to the blogging world when you have a moment. Cathy your card is simply gorgeous! I love your interpretation of the sketch and how everything about this card reminds me of all the goodness of this time of year. Cathy please email me your address so that I can get your Sakura Pens to you.

Fab 5!



What Caught our Eye this Week...

Lindsay at The Frugal Crafter provides a fantastic tutorial on how to do quilling with a Cricut or scissors. Thanks Lindsay I will certainly give this one a try :)

and

I love the clever little puffed lamb on Renee's card. She tells us how to make a very easy puffy product to make fluffly lambs or clouds on her blog: Stamping for Sanity

Tomorrow you are all going to LOVE Laura's new sketch and the special projects each Designer has made for your inspiration - it is going to be a goodie for sure.

Have a wonderful Sunday
Hugs
Kazan & your Cutest Design Team

8 comments:

Ginny Larsen said...

oh my WORD! i am so excited/ happy/ flattered to be in the Fab 5! :) seriously i *flipped out* when i checked my computer this afternoon!
thanks 2s4y!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! Glad you liked the quilling, It's a great couch potato craft, I grab my quilling supplies then veg out on the couch to watch Dancing With the Stars then 2 hour later I have a bouquet of flowers!

cnelson said...

Congrats to Cathy and the fab five! Wonderful work all! Can't wait to see tomorrow's sketch!

Renée said...

Congrats Cathy!! Congrats to the fab 5!!! Thanks for the shout out about the homemade liquid appliqué :)

Anonymous said...

Cathy, such a sweet spring card! I'm very glad for you and congratulations :) And happy for Kathryn, Lulu, Roree and Ginny!!

So inspiring start of the week)) Thanks a lot!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to Cathy and the Fab 5!! I can't get over the amazing talent and mojo!! You ladies rocked it this week!!

Kathryn said...

Wow Thank you Kazan, Laura et al; It had been awhile since I got back to the blog since we had a weekend-long church conference (wonderful!)... so I was wonderfully surprised this morning. Thank you! :)

Have a gorgeous day! (Off to play with this week's sketch!)

--Kathryn

roree said...

Thanks so much for including my card in the Fab 5 this week! I am honored. Congrats to the other girls too. So much beautiful inspiration! :)